why Remember my browsing history on firefox not working

Craigslist CSS form can not be an issue for Firefox, since Firefox will remember Craigslist visited links and change the link colors, whenever I will choose the "Remember History" in the Privacy category. So, the problem is not with Craigslist. I can not choose choice #1 "Remember History" because it also allows scores of cookies at the same time to be saved in my computer. If I were to allow it, I would have to fight a constant battle within "Tools", "options" and have to keep erasing the extraneous cookies every 5 minutes. (There are cookies there which I do need every day, so I can ask Firefox to either disallow or erase ALL cookies.) So, I don't think that CSS rules is the problem.

I see that things are even worst than I thought. Even though I never ever checked the dialogue box "Clear history when Firefox closes", Firefox decided to erase my whole history, when I re-booted my computer an hour ago. All there is in History now, is TODAY and TODAY contains only the links I opened in the last hour. There were still Craigslist history when I wrote my initial message here earlier today. There is absolutely no excuse for this weird action. I always had my history set to save for 999 days and now I can not see any of the history before an hour ago. I also can not see any of the addresses I didn't get to bookmark. The time option in saving history is no longer available in Firefox 5.
 
I know that I looked for certain things in my history last week, and I erased some of history of the messages I already read in my daily Gmail and daily Yahoo mailboxes - things that I didn't need a record of. But if doing that somehow threw the whole history maintenance program out of whack, that should not have happened. I have erased bits of my history before, with no consequence whatsoever to the system. There is something very wrong here and it is really sickening. 
 
I have my daily 20+ Craigslist searches all set up and mechanized in my Bookmarks, so that I can do my searches quickly. I have another 60 bookmarks that I search weekly and others that I search several times a day. Now I can not know how far back my last search was. I can not even easily find my own ads. This is ridiculous. How do I get he Firefox people to fix this problem?

0 komentar:

Post a Comment